Sunday, September 14, 2008

It's All About Me

So, I've decided to create a blog. It's all about me. I can't guarantee that it will be worth your time to read it, but I will promise that anyone who reads it will get to know me better.

I'm not the loud, outspoken, center-stage type of person. I am generally more quiet and reserved (I'm not shy! I grew out of that phase a long time ago). Some people let you see who they are in about a minute after meeting them. I am not one of those people. Whenever I'm in a group, I'm content with just listening and learning about others. I won't compete for attention. I prefer talking to one person at a time. That way, I can show how genuinely interested I am in hearing about that one person's life. It's hard to do that in a group. I generally don't like to talk about myself, but if you want to know something about me, you just need to ask. I will answer almost any question.

While we are on the topic of me, I think I'll make a short list of the things you should know about me:
1. I have a testimony
2. I'm a terrible liar
3. My face always shows my emotions, even if I don't want it to
4. I forget things easily
5. I enjoy trying new things
6. I love food!
7. I'm a perfectionist, but I'm not perfect
8. I'm also a clean freak
9. I can't pick favorites, there are too many wonderful things in life
10. I like being around kind, honest people

There. Now you can feel like you know me a little bit better than you did before reading my blog. Maybe you already knew all those things about me. If you did, then just wait for other posts, I'll share my thoughts, funny moments, and maybe some of my spiritual experiences. Then you will all get to know me, even if you didn't want to.

8 comments:

Hailey said...

Hi! I think creating a blog is a great idea! It will be fun to see what's going on in your life now, especially since I haven't seen you in a while. I have a blog too. It's haileyoswald.blogspot.com

Kate said...

hooray, a blog! i hope you can keep up with it while you're teaching, because i'm excited to read it (i kind of have no life other than baby right now). adam and i have a blog too... i'll send you an invite! there are a ton of el ed people with blogs too, and i have some of them listed on my blog... you know, because i know you have nothing else to do but read everyone else's blogs. :)

rb said...

Yay! I am excited you started a blog, now I can still know what you are doing since I don't see you every day!

Cara and Steve said...

Kendra, I love your blog and I'm so glad that you started one. I like your introduction post... you know yourself very well, and I know that because I know you very well. It was so good to talk to you the other day. Tell Mark hello (even though he doesn't know me all to well). Love you lots!

Ryan & Amanda said...

Sorry Kendra Ryan was signed in to his email. so that rb comment is Amanda Bowler

Lizzie Jones said...

Whatever. I've known you for years and you've always been in the spotlight... loud and crazy and messy and you have 7 conversations at once and dance around while singing and like to yell at people from across the room and... oh wait... is this KENDRA'S blog? Oh, I thought it was Katherine's. Yep, Kendra. What you said is true. :)

Lauren said...

welcome to the blog world! I hear that you are teaching so I look forward to reading all the stuff my sister will be going through in a couple of years :D

Arvanitas' said...

Yay! Kendra is blogging. I need to add something to your list of who you are. You are directionally challenged. It's ok, there's help out there for you. Love Ya, Aunt Kristy