Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Holy Temple



If you haven't read The Holy Temple by Boyd K. Packer, then I would highly recommend it. I've recently started reading it and I absolutely love this book! I have only read a few chapters so far and I can't wait to have time to read the rest of it! Many of my thoughts have been focused on the temple lately. A few weeks ago, my bishop came up to me after sacrament meeting and asked me if I had thought about going to the temple to receive my endowments ( I immediately felt old when he asked me that, even though I'm only 24). I told him that I had thought about it and really wanted to go, but that I was expecting to wait until I was getting married. The bishop then told me that I should really consider going because he had an impression to talk to me about it. Well, I got thinking about it...and kept thinking about...and couldn't stop thinking about it. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that there really isn't any reason why I shouldn't go. I'm ready to go. I am ready to go to the temple!


I never expected that I would go before I knew who I was going to marry. But, I've reached that point in my life where I'm ready to progress by making those sacred covenants with the Lord. It kind of snuck up on me. Knowing that I'm ready is a wonderful feeling! One that I can't describe very well. It's a peaceful, pure, proud kind of feeling. It's sort of that butterflies-in-the-stomach feeling that you get when something exciting and wonderful is about to happen. I can't stop smiling. I have been preparing and waiting for this longer than I can remember. It really is a dream come true. After graduating from college, going to the temple has been my next big goal in life. The next 2 after that are: 1. get sealed in the temple and 2. raise a righteous family. Until I can acheive those goals, I will continue progressing on my own with the help of the Savior.

5 comments:

Arvanitas' said...

I think I've fainted just for the fact that you've blogged. I'm so happy for you. When are you planning to go through? That's really exciting for you. Love ya tons!
Kris

Kate said...

Kendra, that's awesome! I'm so excited for you. I understand that you wanted to wait, but this will be great for you, and your other two goals will come. I miss you! Hope you are doing well!

nana and atom said...

K face, i'm really glad you finally updated your blog. and what could be a better post than preparing for the temple! well, i already told you, but i'm excited for you. hope you found a dress!

Ryan & Amanda said...

I am so excited for you. it is such an amazing experience! I need to come visit you and see what else is up in your life!

Meredith said...

I found your blog and wanted to say HI!!! It is great to hear from you again!